Tuesday 27 June 2017

Riang Ria Raya 2017

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته and good day!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Eid mubarak to all muslim out there. كل عام و انتم بخير


Let's take a break from my NYC trip for a while.

 

This year, my bestie and I spent our eid in Lisbon, Portugal because she has a course there and I am not about to spend eid by myself. 

 

On the morning of Eid, we made our way to Lisbon Central mosque. We took an uber because the bus was taking too long to arrive. It only costs us less than €4! We arrived just before 10am for the second prayer.

 

People were still arriving as we did. Everyone wore their best clothes that day. It was such a beautiful scene.

 

The mosque was quite big.
 
 

It has two levels. The ground floor is for men.

 

the second floor is for women. The placed was packed, I couldn't sit and get a space until everyone got up for prayer. Even then, I had to squeeze around.

 

The funny thing was, the imam gave instructions in Portuguese. I knew how people in Malaysia performed Eid prayer, so I thought it would be the same. Why wouldn't it, right? But in their prayers, they did three takbeer in the first rakaat, and the second set of takbeer was after reciting al-Fatihah and surah. So on the second rakaat, I mistakenly ruku' when the imam said Allahuakbar, when he actually meant the three takbeer before ruku'. A lot of people made the same mistake, and some even proceeded until sujud and tahiyyat, even my bestie..hahaha.... It was an interesting experience. 

 

We met some awesome people when we were there. This nice young lady helped us a lot with our itinerary. She gave us many suggestions of places to visit, the must see and do.


 

After prayer, we went outside and took a bunch of pictures until there were hardly any people around.  

I have a few 360° view of the places I've been to here.

We changed our clothes afterwards in the mosque so we can walk with ease and comfort.

I'll continue about the sightseeing in a later post.

Until next time...


No comments: